Double Chocolate Cherry Bourbon Balls
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon (ginger ale can be substituted for bourbon)
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package chocolate wafers, crushed (2 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied red cherries
- Granulated sugar
- In top of double boiler or bowl. Set over hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate.
- Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup and bourbon.
- In a large bowl mix well wafer crumbs, nuts, confectioners' sugar, and cherries.
- Add chocolate mixture; stir until blended.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
Calories per cookie made with walnuts: 67
Best served after storing for several days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Candy Ball Recipes