Yield: 4 dozen small balls
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup finely chopped candied fruits/peels
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied cherries
- 1 cup medium-fine chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3 1/2 cups finely crushed Graham cracker crumbs
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Continue creaming while adding honey in a fine stream.
- Add all remaining ingredients except crumbs and mix well.
- Let stand, covered several hours or overnight.
- Mix crumbs in well.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Store, tightly covered, in refrigerator with wax paper between layers.
Balls may be rolled in finely chopped walnuts, flaked coconut or dipped in melted semisweet or milk chocolate. Mixture may be packed firmly into wax paper lined 4 x 9 inch loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours before slicing with thin-bladed sharp knife.