Gold-Dusted Bourbon Pecan Balls
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon edible gold powder
- 2 cups vanilla-wafer crumbs (from about 55 cookies)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, cooled, and chopped fine
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl sift together cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar and whisk in gold powder until combined well.
- In a bowl stir together wafer crumbs and pecans.
- In a small bowl whisk together bourbon, remaining 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and honey and pour into crumb mixture, stirring with a fork until combined well.
- Form teaspoons of mixture into balls and roll, 4 at a time, in cocoa mixture.
- Bourbon balls may be kept, in layers separated by wax paper, in an airtight container lined with wax paper, in a cool dry place 1 week.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen bourbon balls.
Source: Gourmet, December 1995
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Candy Ball Recipes