Grand Marnier Chocolate Balls
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Grind chocolate wafers and almonds together in food processor until pulverized.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and process to combine.
- Add the Grand Marnier and corn syrup and process until the mixture forms
a moist mass.
- Break off small pieces of dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar in a wide bowl and roll each
ball in the sugar to coat.
- Store loosely packed between layers of wax paper in a tightly covered tin.
Yield: 4 dozen
These are best if prepared one week before serving.