This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Almond Joy Chocolate Pie
- 20 miniature Almond Joy candy bars or 10 large bars
- 3/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 miniature Almond Joy bars or 8 regular, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (place candy in freezer 15 minutes for easy cutting)
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- Place crust ingredients in a food processor and process until mix is thoroughly
blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Remove and
allow to cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt. Blend
in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk until it
boils, stirring for 1 minute. (This will be very thick.) Remove from heat and blend
in vanilla and candy pieces and stir until melted.
- Pour into pie crust and press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate until set.
Top with whipped cream when ready to serve.
6 to 8 servings