Banana Cake with Milky Way Icing
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour milk
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 or 4)
Milky Way Icing
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 1 large Milky Way candy bar, cut up
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Banana Cake: Cream together sugar and shortening. Add eggs. Beat well. To flour
add dry ingredients, mashed bananas and sour milk. Mix well. Pour into a greased
and floured 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Milky Way Icing: Mix brown sugar and flour well in a saucepan. Add milk and boil
1 minute. Pour over cut-up Milky Way bar and beat until smooth. Add vanilla extract.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.