Banana Cake with Milky Way Icing
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour milk
- 1 cup mashed bananas (3 or 4)
Milky Way Icing
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 1 large Milky Way candy bar, cut up
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Banana Cake: Cream together sugar and shortening. Add eggs. Beat well. To flour
add dry ingredients, mashed bananas and sour milk. Mix well. Pour into a greased
and floured 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Milky Way Icing: Mix brown sugar and flour well in a saucepan. Add milk and boil
1 minute. Pour over cut-up Milky Way bar and beat until smooth. Add vanilla extract.