Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar
Crunch Ice Cream
- 4 Heath Bars
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks. You should
have about 1 cup. Place the chucks in a bowl; cover and freeze.
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk
in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely blended,
about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream, milk and vanilla extract and whisk to blend.
Transfer the mixture to ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's
- Fter the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the candy,
then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- Coffee Heath Bar Crunch: Omit vanilla extract and substitute 3 tablespoons good
quality freeze-dried coffee. Add 2 tablespoons coffee with the cream and milk, and
add the remaining 1 tablespoon coffee along with the candy (after the ice cream
Yield: a generous 1 quart
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.