Butter Crunch Cheesecake Bars
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 6 small (1 ounce each) chocolate-covered
crispy peanut butter-flavored candy bars (such as Butterfinger), chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: In large bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy,
- Add sugars; beat 3 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
- On low speed, beat in flour. Beat in nuts just until incorporated. Reserve 1
cup of mixture. Press remainder over bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking
- Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack; let cool slightly.
- Filling: In large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed
until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
Fold in candy bars. Spoon over baked crust. Sprinkle reserved crust mixture over
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheesecake layer is set.
- Transfer pan to wire rack; let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 16 bars. Serve, or cover and refrigerate.
Makes 16 bars.
Nutrient value per bar: 400 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated); 7 g protein;
36 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 116 mg sodium; 81 mg cholesterol
Source: Family Circle - 3/4/03