Butterfinger Creme Brulee
- 1/4 cup (about half 2.1-ounce bar) finely chopped Butterfinger candy bar, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place 1 tablespoon chopped Butterfinger into each of four 6-ounce custard cups.
- Place cream, 7 tablespoons sugar and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium
heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Beat egg yolks in medium bowl; gradually whisk cream mixture into egg yolks.
Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour cream mixture through a fine sieve into prepared cups. Place cups in 9-inch-square
baking pan; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth. Loosely cover with foil. Bake
for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until knife inserted in centers comes out clean.
Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle each cr me br l e evenly with remaining sugar. Broil until sugar is
melted and caramelized. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until caramel has hardened.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.