Almond Cream Confections
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Base: Combine first 6 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until butter melts and mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat; add almonds, vanilla wafer crumbs, and coconut, stirring well.
Press firmly into an ungreased 9-inch square pan; cover and chill.
- Spread Cream Filling over almond mixture; cover and chill.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Remove from pan, and place about 1/2 inch apart
on a baking sheet.
- Place chocolate in a zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag; seal. Submerge in hot water
until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in end of bag with scissors; drizzle over
- Cream Filling: Cream butter at high speed of electric mixer. Add milk and vanilla
extract. Slowly add sugar; mix until smooth.
Yield: 3 dozen
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes