You may substitute any other flavoring, herb, or spice for the star anise.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons star anise, finely ground*
* The star anise will grind easily in a blender.
- In a small saucepan, cook the honey and anise together over low heat until the
mixture reaches the firm-ball stage. Pour the mixture into a very lightly greased
soup bowl and allow it to cool somewhat.
- When the honey mixture is cool enough to
handle, tear off bits and shape them into balls between the palms of your hands,
then place them on a dry plate to set.
- When the candy is well set, wrap each piece
in wax paper.