You may substitute any other flavoring, herb, or spice for the star anise.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons star anise, finely ground*
* The star anise will grind easily in a blender.
- In a small saucepan, cook the honey and anise together over low heat until the
mixture reaches the firm-ball stage. Pour the mixture into a very lightly greased
soup bowl and allow it to cool somewhat.
- When the honey mixture is cool enough to
handle, tear off bits and shape them into balls between the palms of your hands,
then place them on a dry plate to set.
- When the candy is well set, wrap each piece
in wax paper.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.