This is like the delicious confection sold in the Pacific Northwest.
- 3 tablespoons Knox Gelatine
- 3 cups apple juice or unsweetened apricot juice, divided
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons juice, or more as needed
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Soften the gelatin in 1/2 cup of the apple juice.
- Boil remaining juice with the sugar for 15 minutes to concentrate it.
- Mix the lemon and lime juice, and add all but 1/4 cup cornstarch to dissolve
it in the mixture.
- Add both gelatin mixture and cornstarch mixture to the boiled juice and boil
again rapidly for 10 minutes until very thick, stirring constantly. Taste for sweet
and sour and add more lemon juice if wanted.
- Mix in the walnuts and pour mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan that has
been dipped in cold water. Let paste harden 12 hours or overnight, then cut with
a sharp knife into squares.
- Mix together the reserved 1/4 cup cornstarch and confectioners' sugar.
- Remove squares with a spatula and roll each in the confectioners' sugar mixture (the
cornstarch helps keep the sugar dry).
Yield: about 64 small cubes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes