At Christmastime, add a few chopped red and green candied cherries with the pecans.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 12 ounces dried apricots, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Boil sugar and milk mixture until it thickens (236 degrees F on candy thermometer),
- Add apricots and boil until they melt into the syrup and mixture reaches about
230 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and beat hard. Add butter, pecans, vanilla extract and salt.
Beat candy until it begins to harden.
- Pour onto a wet, smooth cloth and roll to desired diameter.
- Cool; then store in refrigerator.
- Cut into thin slices to serve.
Makes a 2-pound roll.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes