- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 young cactus paddles, all spines removed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile cut clean nopalitos into 1 x 3-inch pieces or into small shapes with
a cookie cutter. Rinse the nopalitos under cold water until the mucous-like substance
that can be seen along cut portions disappears. Add the nopalitos to the boiling
syrup, turn the heat down until it is just a bare simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- With tongs, remove the nopalitos to a plate and spoon some syrup over them.
- Serve with coffee and dessert after a meal.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes