- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 3/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix first 5 ingredients together and cook slowly in heavy 4-quart boiler (or
pot large enough to keep from boiling over) to firm ball stage (238 degrees F on
- Add salt and vanilla extract. Pour into buttered 12 x 9-inch pan and let cool.
This will take several hours.
- When cool, cut into squares and wrap in wax paper.
Makes about 9 dozen pieces.
Will keep for several weeks.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.