Chocolate Nut Chews
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, milk and butter. Stir over medium
heat until mixture bubbles all over top. Boil and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter until melted; add the vanilla extract,
uncooked quick rolled oats and nuts.
- With 2 teaspoons, drop on wax paper.
- Let stand until set.
Makes 36 chews.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.