- 30 vanilla wafers
- 5 cups coconut, shredded
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Red food coloring
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and line it with the wafers. In a blender, grind
the shredded coconut with 4 tablespoons water into a fine paste.
- In a large pot, combine sugar, 2 cups of the water and the cinnamon stick. Cook
over low heat, stirring gently, until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals
from the sides of the pan.
- Uncover; continue cooking to the soft ball stage (234 degrees F) or until syrup
forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from cold water.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the ground coconut. Transfer to a large mixing
bowl and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until the mixture forms a paste.
Divide in half. Add a few drops of red food coloring to one portion and leave the
- Fill the pan half full with the white coconut mixture and then top with the pink
coconut mixture. Let cool in a dry covered container for 1 day. Slice into approximately
6 x 2-inch shapes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in a dry container until ready
Makes four 6-inch rectangles.
This will keep up to 4 weeks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes