Date Candy (Dulce de Datiles)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 pound chopped, pitted dates
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, mix milk, honey, sugar and salt; bring to a boil, then simmer
for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped pecans and dates. Stir the mixture until it is thick.
This should take less than 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla extract and butter and spoon
the mixture into a greased mold or onto a plate and allow it to cool.
To use as a filling for pie, either double or increase the recipe by 50 percent,
depending on the size of the pie plate.
Pour the mixture into a pre-baked crust.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.