Date Nut Roll
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, pitted dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cook milk, sugar and butter over medium heat until it forms a soft ball when
dropped into a cup of cold water, about 234 degrees F. Add dates, nuts and vanilla
extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Put a clean cup towel on the counter
or butter a sheet of wax paper.
- When the candy is cool enough to handle, roll the mixture into the towel or wax
paper in a log shape.
- Refrigerate overnight, and slice when chilled.
Per serving: Cal 167 (26% fat) Fat 5 g (1 g sat) Fiber 1 g Chol 3 mg Sodium
13 mg Carb 31 g Calcium 21 mg
Makes 20 servings.