- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups nut meats*
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops almond extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put sugar, corn syrup, and water in saucepan, stir until well mixed, heat gradually
to boiling point, and boil without stirring to 260 degrees F, or until it begins
to crack in cold water.
- Beat egg whites until they are light and frothy, but not stiff and dry; continue
beating with an egg beater while the syrup is being poured in a fine steady stream
on the egg. Beat until mixture is stiff enough to hold its shape. A wooden spoon
may be used when mixture begins to stiffen. Add nut meats cut in large pieces, and
flavoring, turn into a deep pan lined with wafer paper, cover top with wafer paper,
and when nearly cold turn from pan, and cut into oblong pieces.
- Wrap each piece in wax paper.
* A mixture of English walnuts, almonds, and pistachio nuts may be used.
A few candied cherries cut in quarters may be added if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes