Glaced Cherries and Nuts
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salted mixed nuts
- 1 container candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dissolve sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat. Cook, without stirring,
to 300 degrees F.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange nuts and cherries in a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Heat in the oven for 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- Butter a 17 x 14-inch cookie sheet. Remove syrup from heat at 300 degrees F.
- Quickly add warm nuts, cherries, butter and vanilla extract. Stir rapidly until
- Pour onto cookie sheet and spread to edge with the back of a wooden
- Cool on wire rack for 1 1/2 hours.
- Loosen and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container on layers of wax paper.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.