Glaced Cherries and Nuts
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (12
ounce) jar salted mixed nuts
- 1 container candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dissolve sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat. Cook, without stirring,
to 300 degrees F.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange nuts and cherries in a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Heat in the oven for
10 minutes. Keep warm.
- Butter a 17 x 14-inch cookie sheet. Remove syrup from heat at 300 degrees F.
- Quickly add warm nuts, cherries, butter and vanilla extract. Stir rapidly until
- Pour onto cookie sheet and spread to edge with the back of a wooden
- Cool on wire rack for 1 1/2 hours.
- Loosen and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container on layers of wax
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.