Maple Sponge Candy
This tastes like the old-fashioned sea foam candy which used to be available
at Christmas time.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Combine syrup, sugar and vinegar. Cook to hard crack stage (300 degrees F).
- Remove from heat. Quickly sift in baking soda. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9-inch square pan.
- Glaze with melted chocolate chips.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.