Yield: about 60
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup drained, chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can angel flake coconut
- Combine semisweet chocolate chips, applesauce and almond extract in a heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted and blended with applesauce.
- Stir in the sugar, maraschino cherries and walnuts.
- Chill for about an hour or until firm.
- Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in coconut.