Almond Butter Crunch
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- 4 (4 1/2 ounce) bars milk chocolate, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds,
- Melt butter in heavy 2-quart saucepan.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, and water.
Cook, stirring often, to hard-crack stage (300 degrees F). Watch closely after
temperature reaches 280 degrees F.
- Quickly stir in coarsely chopped nuts; spread in well-greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch
- Cool thoroughly.
- Turn out onto wax paper; spread top with half the chocolate; sprinkle with
half of finely chopped nuts.
- Cover with wax paper; invert and top with remaining
chocolate and nuts. If necessary, chill to firm chocolate.
- Break into pieces.
Makes one 13 x 9-inch pan.