- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups parched benne seed (sesame seeds)
- Add the extracts to the sugar.
- Melt the sugar in a saucepan, stirring constantly, as for peanut brittle.
- When the sugar is melted, add the benne seed, stirring it in quickly.
- Pour at once onto a marble slab to cool or pour into lightly buttered pans.
- Mark in 1-inch squares while still warm, and break along the lines when
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.