- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Lightly coat spatula and large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Tabasco and allspice in large bowl.
- Add peanuts and toss well.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in 2-quart microwavable bowl. Microwave on
HIGH (100 percent) for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir thoroughly.
- Add peanuts; stir again. Microwave again on HIGH (100 percent) for 5 minutes
until light brown.
- Remove bowl from microwave.
- Add butter and vanilla extract. Blend. Microwave again on HIGH (100 percent)
for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Gently stir in baking soda until well mixed
- Pour onto greased baking sheet. Cool.
- Break into pieces.
Makes about 1 pound.
Tip: As brittle cools on baking sheet, stretch it into thin sheet by pulling
candy with two forks. Stretching will help make it crisp.