- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Lightly coat spatula and large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Tabasco and allspice in large bowl.
- Add peanuts and toss well.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in 2-quart microwavable bowl. Microwave on
HIGH (100 percent) for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir thoroughly.
- Add peanuts; stir again. Microwave again on HIGH (100 percent) for 5 minutes
until light brown.
- Remove bowl from microwave.
- Add butter and vanilla extract. Blend. Microwave again on HIGH (100 percent)
for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Gently stir in baking soda until well mixed
- Pour onto greased baking sheet. Cool.
- Break into pieces.
Makes about 1 pound.
Tip: As brittle cools on baking sheet, stretch it into thin sheet by pulling
candy with two forks. Stretching will help make it crisp.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.