- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped nuts
- Line 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Put butter into 2-quart saucepan; melt over low heat; add sugar. Put candy
thermometer in pan. Stir over moderate heat until mixture becomes pale caramel
color and candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; spoon evenly into foil-lined pan. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Scatter butterscotch pieces evenly over candy. As soon as they are soft,
about 4 minutes, spread with back of teaspoon over entire surface.
- Sprinkle evenly with chopped nuts.
- Chill until firm.
- Break into pieces.
Yield: 1 2/3 pounds
Source: The Cook's Blessings by Demetria Taylor