- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch pieces
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped nuts
- Line 15 x 10 x 1 inch jellyroll pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Put butter into 2-quart saucepan; melt over low heat; add sugar. Put candy
thermometer in pan. Stir over moderate heat until mixture becomes pale caramel
color and candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; spoon evenly into foil-lined pan. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Scatter butterscotch pieces evenly over candy. As soon as they are soft,
about 4 minutes, spread with back of teaspoon over entire surface.
- Sprinkle evenly with chopped nuts.
- Chill until firm.
- Break into pieces.
Yield: 1 2/3 pounds
Source: The Cook's Blessings by Demetria Taylor
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.