Buttery Almond Crunch
Yield: 10 ounces
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; butter the foil with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- Spread the sides of a heavy saucepan with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Add 1/2 cup butter, sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Invert pan and remove foil.
- Break candy into pieces.