- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chile (half habanero and half dried ground chipotles)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole pi ones, peanuts, cashews or coarsely chopped pecans, walnuts or brazil nuts
- Boil together the sugars, corn syrup, water, chile and salt until the mixture
reaches hard crack stage (300 degrees F on a candy thermometer).
- Stir the mixture only until the sugar is dissolved so it doesn't scorch.
- Add the butter and baking soda, stirring until the mixture foams up.
- Add nuts and quickly stir them in.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased heat-proof flat pan. Spread the mixture
until it is very thin. Loosen from the sheet before it cools and hardens.
- Break into crude pieces.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.