Chocolate Almond Brittle
- 1 pound butter, lightly salted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pound whole almonds with brown skins still on (grind 25 almonds from the pound)
- Put butter, sugar and whole almonds into heavy cast aluminum pan. Cook over
high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat slightly after sugar melts to keep
from turning too dark. Keep stirring briskly. Cook to almost hard crack stage,
about 290 degrees F on candy thermometer. This will take about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour onto ungreased cookie sheets to about the thickness of an almond.
- Melt semisweet chocolate and smear on top of warm brittle.
- Sprinkle ground nuts on top of the chocolate.
- Cool and chill until chocolate hardens.
- Break into pieces.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.