Chocolate Dipped Nut Brittle with Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread all the nuts on ungreased baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring once. Let nuts cool completely.
- Line a shallow rimmed 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and grease lightly with butter.
- In a small bowl, place butter, vanilla extract and baking soda (no need to blend); set aside.
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan over high heat, bring sugar, corn syrup and 1/3 cup water to a boil, uncovered. While sugar cooks, brush down the sides of pan with cool water. Boil sugar over high heat until it turns a light amber color, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in butter, vanilla extract and baking soda with a wooden spoon (the baking soda will make it foamy).
- Stir in nuts until coated and spoon mixture onto prepared baking tray. Spread brittle as thinly as possible.
- Let brittle cool completely at room temperature.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave on medium, stirring every 10 seconds, until melted.
- Crack brittle into desired serving pieces and dip halfway into melted chocolate and place back onto greased parchment-lined baking tray to cool.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and allow chocolate to set.