Cinnamon Almond Brittle
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups whole almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook
over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Attach a candy thermometer to pan and
increase heat slightly to bring to boil. Cook, without stirring, until mixture
reaches hard-crack stage (about 300 degrees F) and turns light golden in color.
- Stir in almonds. Remove from heat and stir in butter, cinnamon, vanilla
extract and salt; stir until butter melts.
- Stir in baking soda (mixture may foam).
- Pour onto a large piece of greased aluminum foil on a jellyroll pan. Use
2 wooden spoons to pull warm candy until stretched thin.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.