Coconut Cashew Brittle
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup white Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups raw cashew bits
- 1/2 cup large flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine sugar, Karo syrup, water and butter in 2-quart glass container;
microwave on HIGH for 17 to 18 minutes, until mixture reaches 270 degrees F
(hard ball stage).
- Remove from microwave and add the raw cashew bits.
- Return to microwave and cook for 5 to 6 minutes longer, until mixture reaches
300 degrees F (brittle stage).
- Stir in coconut, vanilla extract and baking soda. This temperature is very
important as the brittle will remain sticky if this temperature is not reached.
Pour onto butter platter, working quickly. Cool partially by lifting edges with
spatula so mixture won't stick.
- When firm, but still warm, turn over. Pull as thin as desired.
- When cool, break into pieces and store in airtight container.
Yield: 2 pounds
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.