Coffee Peanut Brittle
The perfect accent to a festive evening filled with family and friends, this tasty Coffee Peanut Brittle features a hint of coffee in each bite.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 15 min | Yield: 10 (1/4 cup) servings
- Wax or parchment paper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon Nescafé Taster's Choice House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Line a large baking sheet or tray with wax paper; spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine coffee granules, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar, water and cream of tartar in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir with wooden spoon over low heat until sugar is dissolved, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush if needed.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until mixture is a light brown color.
- Remove from heat; add butter and coffee mixture (mixture will foam) and stir quickly to combine.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Tilt sheet to spread mixture evenly (should spread to roughly 12 x 9-inches in diameter).
- Quickly sprinkle with peanuts.
- Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Break brittle into pieces.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Chocolate Candy Brittle: Replace coffee with 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com