Coffee Peanut Brittle
The perfect accent to a festive evening filled with family and friends, this
tasty candy brittle features a hint of coffee in each bite.
- Wax or parchment paper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S
CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dry roasted
- Line a large baking sheet or tray with wax paper; spray lightly with nonstick
- Combine coffee granules, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar, water and cream of tartar in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
Stir with wooden spoon over low heat until sugar is dissolved, occasionally
brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush if needed.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for
about 6 minutes or until mixture is a light brown color.
- Remove from heat; add butter and coffee mixture (mixture will foam) and
stir quickly to combine.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Tilt sheet to spread mixture evenly
(should spread to roughly 12 x 9-inches in diameter).
- Quickly sprinkle with peanuts.
- Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Break brittle into pieces.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Cooling Time: 30 mins cooling
Servings: 10 servings (1/4 cup each)
Chocolate Candy Brittle: Replace coffee with 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.