Crunchy Corn Brittle
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups crispy corn cereal squares (like Corn Chex)
- Combine sugar, syrup, water, and salt in a heavy Dutch oven. Cook over medium
heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches hard ball stage (250 degrees
- Add nuts. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture
reaches 285 degrees F.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Working rapidly, spread mixture evenly
onto a buttered 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Let cool; break into pieces
Yield: about 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.