Dry Roasted Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Generously grease baking sheet.
- In 2 quart microwave-proof bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook on HIGH
for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts with a wooden spoon. Cook on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until
mixture reaches 300 degrees F on microwave-proof candy thermometer (or small
amount separates into hard, brittle threads in cold water).
- Blend in baking soda, stir until mixture is light and foamy.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spread quickly.
- As candy cools, stretch into thin sheet using buttered hands. Cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.