This is wonderful for Christmas boxes to be mailed.
Yield: one 9-inch round
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pecans or almonds, chopped
- 2 (1.65 ounce) Hershey candy bars
- Cover bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with chopped nuts.
- Cook first 4 ingredients in heavy saucepan, stirring constantly over medium heat until hard crack stage on a candy thermometer.
- Pour cooked mixture over nuts.
- Place candy bars over top while still hot. Smooth over with spoon when melted. Cool.
- Turn out of pan and break into pieces like peanut brittle.