- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup double strength Espresso coffee
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare 9 x 13-inch pan by lining with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in heavy 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Stir in sugar,
corn syrup and espresso. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar
is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Clip on candy thermometer and continue
to stir occasionally until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (hard crack stage).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, wait 2 minutes;
spread chocolate evenly over candy. (If uniform piece size desire, score candy
into 1-inch square pieces with table knife.)
- Sprinkle nuts over chocolate, shaking dish from side to side to coat.
- Gently press nuts into chocolate.
- Let candy stand at room temperature to cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 1 1/2 pounds
Source: Challenge Package recipe developed by Challenge Home Economist.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.