Yield: 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup double strength Espresso coffee
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan by lining with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in heavy 2 to 3 quart saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and espresso. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Clip on candy thermometer and continue to stir occasionally until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (hard crack stage).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, wait 2 minutes; spread chocolate evenly over candy. (If uniform piece size desire, score candy into 1 inch square pieces with table knife.)
- Sprinkle nuts over chocolate, shaking dish from side to side to coat.
- Gently press nuts into chocolate.
- Let candy stand at room temperature to cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Source: Challenge Package recipe developed by Challenge Home Economist.