- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Adjust candy thermometer for high altitude.
- Butter sides of large, heavy saucepan. Add sugar, corn syrup and water;
bring to boil, stirring constantly. Stir over medium-low heat until candy thermometer
reads 238 degrees F (sea level).
- Stir in nuts and butter. Cook over medium to 300 degrees F (sea level) on
the candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat; vigorously stir in baking soda and vanilla extract until
- Quickly pour onto two greased baking sheets, spreading as thinly as possible
with a wooden spoon.
- Cool completely; break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container with wax paper between layers.
Nutrition data, per 1-ounce serving: Calories 220 (39 percent from fat);
fat 9.5 g (sat 2.2 g, mono 4.2 g, poly 2.7 g); protein 3 g; carbohydrates 34 g;
fiber 1.12 g; cholesterol 7 mg; sodium 187 mg; calcium 16 mg
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.