Ginger Sesame Brittle
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups sesame seed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Toast sesame seed in shallow pan in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for
- Butter a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Combine sugar, syrup, water and butter in a saucepan. Bring to boiling,
stirring constantly. Lower heat without stirring, until mixture reaches 300
degrees F on a candy thermometer or until mixture when dropped in cold water,
separates into threads which are hard and brittle.
- Remove from heat, stir in sesame seed, baking soda and ginger.
- Pour into prepared pan, spread evenly.
- Let cool and break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes