- 1/2 cup dried banana slices
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Butter a cookie sheet. Sprinkle banana slices and coconut in 12-inch circle
on buttered cookie sheet.
- In 1 1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole or 8-cup measuring cup, combine
sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Stir in macadamia nuts. Microwave on HIGH for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden
- Stir in butter and vanilla extract; blend well. Microwave on HIGH for 1
- Add baking soda and stir gently until light and foamy.
- Quickly pour in thin stream over bananas and coconut on cookie sheet.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Break into 30 (2-inch) pieces.