Jelly Belly Candy Brittle
- 1 1/2 cups Jelly Belly gourmet beans, favorite flavors
- 1/2 cup red hot candies
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Spread candies evenly on greased aluminum foil. Grease sides of large saucepan.
- Combine corn syrup, water and sugar over medium heat; stirring constantly
until sugar dissolves. (Wash down sides of pot with water to prevent crystallization.)
Using a candy thermometer, bring candy to hard crack stage. Test using ice water,
a drop of the now-golden candy should remain brittle when removed from water.
- Remove from heat and add butter and salt.
- Add baking soda; stir until it dissolves and stops foaming.
- Pour syrup over candy. Using a spatula, pull syrup evenly and thinly over candy.
- Cool completely; break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 pounds candy brittle
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 12/18/2001 9:10 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes