Mesilla Valley Chile Brittle
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chile - I prefer half habanero and half dried ground chipotles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole piñons, peanuts, cashews or coarsely chopped pecans, walnuts or Brazil nuts
- Boil together the sugars, corn syrup, water, chile and salt until the mixture
reaches 300 degrees F on a candy thermometer (hard crack). Stir the mixture
only until the sugar is dissolved so it doesn't scorch.
- Add the butter and baking soda, stirring until the mixture foams up.
- Add nuts and quickly stir them in.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased heatproof flat pan. Spread the mixture until
it is very thin.
- Loosen from the sheet before it cools and hardens.
- Break into crude pieces.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes