Orange Coconut Brittle
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon shredded orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- Butter sides of heavy 3-quart saucepan. In it combine sugar, corn syrup,
orange peel and orange juice. Cook over medium heat. Cook to hard crack stage
(300 degrees F), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter.
- Pour in thin layer onto buttered 15 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jellyroll pan or platter.
- Sprinkle coconut all over.
- When cool, crack into pieces.
Makes 1 1/4 pounds brittle.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes