- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 4 cups shelled, raw peanuts
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- Combine water, sugar and Karo syrup in heavy saucepan. Cook until sugar
- Add peanuts. Continue cooking until syrup reaches hard crack stage (285
degrees F on candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and carefully blend in baking soda, stirring hard about
- Pour onto slightly greased cookie pan with sides. Pat gently to break air
- When cool, break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes about 3 pounds.
Will keep up to 1 month.
Pecans may be substituted for peanuts.