As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, overlapping sides. Butter foil.
- Melt the 1 cup butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and cream of tartar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Brush down sides of pan with a wet pastry
brush. Cook until mixture registers 310 degrees F on a candy thermometer, stirring
occasionally, about 11 minutes.
- Immediately pour toffee into prepared pan. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with chocolate. Let stand for 2 minutes to soften.
- Spread chocolate with the back of a spoon over toffee until melted and smooth.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove toffee from pan, using foil as an aid. Break into 3-inch pieces.
This can be prepared four days ahead, then chilled in an airtight container.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes