Quick Chocolate Brittle
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle peanuts into pan and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan, cook over low heat
stirring constantly, until mixture reaches soft crack stage (about 270 degrees
F). Immediately pour over peanuts, spreading to sides of pan, sprinkle chocolate
chips over top. Cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Remove foil and spread melted chocolate evenly over top, chill until firm.
- Remove candy from pan and break into pieces.
Makes approximately 1 pound.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes