Raspberry English Toffee
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 cup Guittard's White Satin chunks, or other white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or half and half
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In batter bowl or saucepan, place the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water.
If using the microwave oven, microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Stir gently to blend ingredients. Microwave for another 3-6 minutes, watching
carefully and cook until the color changes to a rich golden brown, but is not
- Slowly add vanilla extract, and pour onto buttered baking sheet. If using
a saucepan on the cook top, bring mixture to a boil, stirring slowly. Cook until
mixture reaches 295 to 310 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Slowly add vanilla extract and pour onto buttered baking sheet.
- Allow to cool.
- In meantime, in batter bowl combine white chocolate, cream, and jam. Microwave
on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Stir. Microwave another 30-40 seconds, or until the mixture has melted.
Spread over toffee.
- Refrigerate to set. This chocolate mixture will remain a little
soft, so chilling is necessary in order to break the pieces correctly.
- Break into chunks.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 11/12/2001 11:40 pm.