- 1/2 pound vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/4 cup nutmeats, chopped
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 egg yolks (whites reserved)
- 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Combine crushed vanilla wafers and chopped nuts.
- Line a square pan with the wafer/nut mixture, reserving 1/2 cup for topping.
- Cream butter with sugar, egg yolks and melted chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the raspberries.
- Pour into the wafer shell.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Chill for 5 to 8 hours.
Source: Out of Alaska's Kitchen