Ritz Coconut Crackle
- 35 Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semi- sweet chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange crackers on greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bring butter and sugar to a boil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Cook
for 2 minutes.
- Pour over crackers in prepared pan, then spread to completely cover crackers.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until sugar mixture is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chocolate, then bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until
chocolate begins to melt.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately spread chocolate over crackers.
- Sprinkle with coconut, pressing lightly into chocolate with back of spoon.
- Cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.